這首歌描述了一特絕望的女子,在周圍人的冷眼旁觀中艱難的維護著尊嚴和驕傲。
然而在愛情面前,再堅強的人都會忍不住流淚…
If anyone asks
如果有人問起
I'll tell them we both just moved on
我會告訴他們,我們都將繼續前進
When people all stare
當人們都在盯著我竊竊私語
I'll pretend that I don't hear them talk
我會假裝沒有聽到他們交談
Whenever I'll see you
每當我看到你
I'll swallow my pride and bite my tongue
我嚥下自尊,忍住想說出口的話
Pretend I'm okay with it all
假裝我對一切都無所謂
Act like there's nothing wrong
裝作沒有什麼事不對
Is it over yet?
一切都結束了嗎?
Can I open my eyes?
我能不能睜開眼?
Is this as hard as it gets?
難道真的如此困難?
Is this what it feels like to really cry?
這是不是真正想哭的感覺?
If anyone asks
如果有人問起
I'll tell them we just grew apart
我會告訴他們我們剛剛分道揚鑣
What do I care if they believe me or not?
為什麼我要在意,他們是否相信我
Whenever I feel your memory is breaking my heart
每當我感覺到,關於你的記憶正令我痛徹心扉
I'll pretend I'm okay with it all
我會假裝對一切都無所謂
Act like there's nothing wrong
裝作沒有什麼事不對
Repeat: Chorus
I'm talking in circles
我周旋在人群之間
I'm lying, they know it
他們知道我在說謊
Why won't this just all go away?
為什麼這些事不能隨風而逝?